Situated on a rocky outcrop, Château du Pierrail looks over a valley in which the river Fonchotte meanders through. This small river rises in the estate and flows into a 3 hectares lake situated in a woodland in the middle of the property. This fine château of classic design, Mansart roofed, has a facade flanked by two towers. It was built in the 17th century by the Segur family on the site of an older middle ages château. From 1782, for more than a century the property was owned by the Barons de Brianson, and large portraits of the family as cavaliers are hung in the main salon of the château. Jacques Demonchaux, began to restore the property into its former glory. The 17th century Chateau, its park and vineyard became a beautiful estate of harmony and charm. He was joined by his wife, Alice Demonchaux and their son, Aurelien Demonchaux. Alice is responsible for the commercialisation of Château Pierrail wines with a network of partners world wide.